Volunteering. The most direct way to help your community.
HandsOn Chengdu is a platform that removes the barrier of engaging citizens in the community, and regardless of whether you want to volunteer your time to educate a child, read a story to a child at the hospital, play Bingo! at the elderly care center, or paint a school library, HandsOn Chengdu is the platform for you. It is a platform where you can choose the issues you want, when you want, and volunteer with others who are just like you.
Our goal at Hands On is to encourage volunteerism and support our local partners. We work to meet the needs of Chengdu non-profits by providing flexible volunteer programs for busy professionals. While we love to see our volunteers come back, many of the programs for individual volunteers do not require you to commit beyond the few hours necessary for your selected project of interest. If you are looking to make a bigger commitment of time, then we hope that you will consider becoming a project coordinator or join one of our Teamworks groups.
Why become a HandsOn Chengdu volunteer?
- We've done the foot-work for you by finding and scheduling high-impact projects at nonprofits, schools and other partners that need your help. Choose from 50+ opportunities a month!
- You won't be on your own. Our projects are group-based, so you'll be working alongside other volunteers from HandsOn Chengdu. People who like you, want to contribute to their community.
- HandsOn projects occur on weekdays and weekends, in city area of Chengdu, to accommodate busy schedules and locations.
- You don't have to make a long-term commitment, unless you want to. (We do ask that you only sign up for those projects you intend on attending. Our projects are in high-demand!)
- Every HandsOn project will be led by a trained HandsOn Project Coordinator who will serve as your contact in case you have questions before, during and after your project, and will be on site with you to make sure your volunteer experience is filled with impact.
To learn how to get started, the first step is to read through our New Volunteer's Guide, create your HandsOn profile, and then attend one of monthly regular orientation sessions. Once you have completed these steps, then please go to our program calendar, and RSVP for an event.
Should you have any questions, feel free to email us at volunteer (AT) handsonchengdu.org
Be the Change! Volunteer!